Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Writing Project

I need to start taking advantage of good things that come my way. Starting now.

Felisa was asked to write a chapter for a book, and the other day she invited me to help her with it. We met yesterday to discuss what we were going to do, but what I mostly got out of the conversation is that she thought it would be fun/enjoyable/a good idea to include me. She generally hates writing book chapters, but seems more excited about doing this one. Needless to say, I was surprised and pleased.

The book is about paleoecology for modern ecologists and conservationists. We haven't completely settled on what our chapter will be about, but Felisa made it clear that this is a collaboration and that I have a pretty hefty say in the matter. So far we've decided, very broadly, that we're including climate change in whatever it is we end up writing about. We've got it sort of narrowed down, but only time and research will reveal what "wants" to get written.

I don't think I'm at liberty to give any more details about the book, other than I'm excited to get started working on it. Future updates will probably just be about how the whole thing is progressing. This new project will give me something else to work on during my self imposed "writing time", which I've been neglecting really badly. Between this and the manuscript, I have a lot to work on over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment