Monday, June 28, 2010

The Scientific Process: Motivation

Motivation. Or, perhaps more accurately, self motivation. Maybe this is the most difficult aspect of grad school, publishing, and research in general.

If you have been following this blog in recent history, you know that I am in the beginning stages of trying to publish my master's research. Well, to be honest, that hasn't been progressing forward very much. I don't think that getting ready for excursions out west and moving is helping with that any. Also, something about taking classes and a routine helps with my motivation, which simply is not happening right now. I'm in that summer slump, one in which I feel as though a have a hundred things to do, none of which are research related, and rightly so.

Primarily, I'm writing this entry as a reminder to myself: write your stupid publications already. I've been all over the place this month, which is making it difficult to work with collaborators. This has me concerned that once I move, this will never happen. Of course, once I move, I'll be back in a routine and school again, so perhaps I can work it into my schedule to get this done.

Task One: Make data table
Task Two: Write supplemental methods
Task Three: Look up submission requirements

No comments:

Post a Comment