Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So Close!

I'm so close to this semester finally being over. It feels as though it zoomed by without me realizing, only to slow down to an excruciatingly slow crawl during the past few weeks.

Just a run down of what I've got on my plate for the next week and a half: giving a talk tomorrow, draft of a paper due tomorrow, final paper due next week, three field trips, grading of said field trips, scheduling more medical tests, contacting various entities to transfer bills into my name once my room mate moves, figuring out why United Health thinks my bloodwork and labwork charges "exceeded usual and customary" and that they therefore don't need to cover it. What does that even mean?? Usual and customary for me? No, it isn't usual and customary that I have tests done, because I didn't think anything was wrong with me before. Tests are how you find out. Or did the clinic overcharge? No clue, which is why I will be calling them to see what the heck is going on. All I know is that I don't exactly have +$500 kicking around to deal with this nonsense. Long week, indeed.

In other news...

My talk tomorrow is for my department's graduate student colloquium. Basically we hold a week at the end of the year where we have poster presentations and talks on the various research that we have been working on. My talk is kicking off the presentation portion tomorrow morning at 10am.

The title is - Loss of habitat and biodiversity during terminal Pleistocene warming: what small mammal fossils tell us about the effects of climate change.

I missed a deadline yesterday for a poster presentation in May, so this talk is that last really academic thing I'll be up to until I go to UNM.

With only two weeks left in the semester, I feel like I am so close to finishing up here, only to turn every corner and have tasks of various sorts thrown on top of me. The semester will end one way or another, even if all of my time is nickled and dimed away by the time I get there. If I can make it to this weekend without any more stress and emotional breakdowns, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment