Sunday, March 14, 2010

Catching Up - 1

It's been a crazy week, one without consistent internet access, so I'll have to spend a few posts catching up.

Tuesday March 9th:
At 9am I met for the first time with my future adviser. She is a co-director of the new Program in Interdisciplinary Biological and Biomedical Sciences (PiBBSs). They just recently finished moving into a newly built wing for the program, so recently that I attended the ribbon cutting ceremony the first day of my visit. This brings me to my first point on graduate school:

Always accept free food. Retired people like to talk about fixed incomes... graduate students have VERY fixed incomes, and any opportunity to get good free food should never be passed up. Four words to sum up: very large shrimp bowl.

The new facility is very nice with lots of comfortable places to do work. I'll post images when I have access to my own computer.


I'm in Virginia at the moment, and I'm about to drive back to PA. Further updates once I'm settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment