Saturday, March 20, 2010

Not All Bad

Yesterday's post was a little, shall we say, sarcastic and satirical. I don't want to give the wrong impression: most people in graduate school are there because they WANT to be and because they genuinely like what they do. Otherwise, it just doesn't work.

Collegiate life has its perks. For example, there is a Belgian beer fest at one of the local bars which I will be going to. Last night, one of my friends successfully defended his PhD dissertation, and there was much rejoicing.  And heavy partying/bar hopping

I went on a snipe hunt this morning. I did see it, though only briefly as it was flying away. Until a few weeks ago, I didn't think there was actually a bird called a snipe. Apparently they are real, despite what we are told in UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment