Monday, March 29, 2010

Research = Worth It!

Real quick update on this overcast Monday morning in "Happy Valley"

My adviser and I have been talking about publishing my research, and today we are officially getting the ball rolling. He wants to send my second chapter to Nature (and if not Nature, then Science)! I don't care if the rejection rate is 90%, or if it does get rejected. I'm just happy that Russ thinks my work is good enough to even bother submitting it. If we can pull this off, my first journal publication EVER will be in a major scientific journal that is read throughout the world!

I'll just be happy to have something other than abstracts on my CV (scholarly resume)!

What's more, this particular chapter is about 90% mine, as in I came up with the idea, and the methods, and carried it through the analysis. If I get this published in a major journal, it'll be through my own hard work, not through riding on the coat tails of someone else.

That's a good way to start the week! Booya!

No comments:

Post a Comment