Friday, March 5, 2010

The pre-Beginning

Today I officially accepted my offer from the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque; so my exciting PhD adventure can officially begin. I still need to graduate from PSU, I still need to find an apartment, and I still need to move. I guess that actually makes this the pre-game.

I'm currently in Virginia, getting ready to fly off to Albuquerque tomorrow morning to visit the city and see UNM for the first time. I'm a little nervous, but SUPER excited about the upcoming week.

Tomorrow: Arrive in NM, get rental car and check into my hotel with Matt (boyfriend, who I am taking along on my adventure).

Sunday: Early birding in the Sandia Mountains, hopefully we'll see some Rosy Finches. Also, dinner with friends.

Monday: Green chili burgers in Socorro!

Tuesday: 9:30 meeting with future adviser, Felisa Smith in the department of Biology.
The rest of the week is yet to be determined... I'll update those plans when I figure them out.

Matt has informed me that we'll see cactus wrens... alrighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment